Applying for Indian passport in India earlier was little bit a of hectic task like you have to go to passport offices or regional passport centers in your city with all your documents, fill up the paper form and submit form and wait for verification etc.
Government of India has gone one step ahead in making this whole process simple by introducing website for online passport applying.
This biggest advantage of going online is that you can apply and submit you application and then select your day which means when you want go for providing your original document for verification.
How to apply Indian Passport Online:
- Open the webpage www.passportindia.gov.in
- Register to get an id and password.
- Fill the application with relevant details and submit your application.
- Make a note of application reference number (A.R.N). Mention the date when you can go to passport center for verification and submitting documents.
- Take a print of the day and time to reach the passport center.
- Having all the required documents reach Passport center on the mentioned date.
- You will receive you token from the first counter from the Passport center.
- Show the barcode for security verification and then till the counter display your token number and once after that proceed to counter A.
- From counter A you can pay your fees and your photo will be taken with your fingerprint and signature. If you have made any mistakes while filling up the application form, you have option to make the correction. Your verification documents will also be scanned from this counter.
- Now you need to proceed to counter B where all your documents will be verified. If you have provided all the required documents you can then proceed to counter C.
- From counter C ,you will receive a slip which will show your application status like whether its trough or your application is declined, and if the application is successful the slip will have information about date and other procedures.
Applying passport online makes it very easy for people, since it gives you option to select your day and time also the procedures are reduced to a single day which you have wanted. And most important you always have option make corrections if you made any mistakes while applying before.
Learn more: www.passportindia.gov.in .
Hope this helped,do comment and don’t forget to subscribe us.